14 September 2007

Black in White

It is quite rare nowadays to spot a very elegant or stylish woman on the streets. When it happens, it often is in the posh areas of London, the pricetag being so obvious though, it doesn't really express natural elegance.

Last night, I had to stop to take an appreciative look at a beautifully stylish woman.

She was wearing a toffee cashmere top with fluid wide leg trousers (wool Crêpe), a beautiful silk chiffon scarf and matching contemporary jacket. On her feet, creamy flat ballerina shoes. The effect was stunning and probably even more so because the woman was black.

I realised that among my african friends, rare were those who wore white/beige which is a shame because it suits them so much! This is why I did this little photomontage on the left with famous beautiful black women ( Iman, Tyra Banks, Liya Kebede) and dressed them with white clothes to illustrate how classy and elegant they are...

It also reminded me of that Gucci ad with the baby...
I wish I saw more black women work on this look because it truly is inspirational!

No comments: