9 April 2007

CONCEPTUAL FASHION : ORTHO-EROTIC


When Fashion mixes orthopedics and whore style it becomes conceptual...

There are times in fashion when ugliness is
" de rigueur". This summer, Fendi and Chanel lead the way thanks to their common Creative Director : Karl Lagerfeld.



Unfortunately, whenever I see these shoes featured in my magazines , invariably the orthopedic sandals my mother -in law wear come to my mind... So one can imagine my confusion when I associate these with erotica!

That is fashion. Fashion is here to mark the minds and to stretch the lines between what is beautiful and what is ugly ... However, c
onsidering what Coco Chanel once said: a woman should be two things: classy and fabulous, I wonder to what category these shoes above do belong.

Not the one to follow fashion blindly anyway, I nevertheless think that fashionistas will plebiscite the model to prefer to it the bi-colour pumps by Mr Lagerfeld for the 2004 collections: this is a creation in the true Chanel spirit... A Keeper.


No comments: