18 February 2007

THEY KILLED ANIMALS FOR THAT!!!

I love fur! I do not know anything more luxurious than fur and to the risk of getting PETA activists shouting at me under my window, I do encourage stylish women to wearing it. It gives great structure to an outfit and, moreover, it is actually extremely beautiful, when used advisedly and with great taste...

Again, I DO love fur but when I see people with the kind of coat Ashley Olsen is wearing on these pictures, I suddenly feel for the poor chinchillas or whatever the animals that were sacrificed to create THAT coat!

First of all, the fur is not brought to its best in this collage/ assemblage. It almost looks like faux-fur. Second, the 3/4 sleeve length gives a ridiculous aspect to it, especially since she doesn't wear long calf leather gloves ( But as my colleague Rick Rockwill ) puts it, we should not expect celebrities to understand style or fashion) and the collar is just inexistant which renders the whole look absolutely dull!

I know she meant to create a "casual yet luxurious" look but fails totally... O
ne should really be more responsible when one wears fur: it should at least be awesomely stunning.

Strangely, even with the Fendi Tote and the Balenciage Boots, she decidedly looks like an old bag lady whose fur coat was found in a Charity shop bin
.

No comments: